Thursday, July 5, 2007

EFY 2007

I'm still figuring this whole thing out, so we'll see how this goes. Since I currently in San Antonio working as a Health Counselor for EFY I decided that would be a good place to start. I started last week working a session at BYU. We had about 650 kids and 8 Health Counselors (HC's). This week I'm in San Antonio working a session with over 900 kids and 3 HC's so it's definitely been more busy this week. Apparently Texans get sick a lot because we've had a lot more sick people this week, but a lot less blisters than last week. I arrived in San Antonio Saturday night around 11pm along with the other two HC's, Melanie and Jodi. Jodi barely made it to the airport and had to leave her bags with her little brother just to make the flight. Luckily she did have a few things in her carry-on. The rental car guy, Albert, gave us a free upgrade to a full size car because we're working with youth. We finally made it to Trinity University around 12am and found that none of the guys dorm rooms had been cleaned. Luckily I was told I needed to bring my own linens so I was able to sleep. The cleaners showed up bright and early Sunday morning but I had them come back later :). We went to church with a bunch of counselors at a ward here, then stopped by the San Antonio temple after church. We haven't had any major injuries this week, except for a torn MCL at the dance. I fly to Boise on Saturday for another session there next week.

No comments: